Tuesday, November 17, 2009

An issue with Sahara Reporters


I am an avid reader of your online magazine. Although am relatively new to your website, I found most of the articles written by Sahara Reporter’s journalists of national concern which elicit collective response as seen by the amount of comments you received.

Many of the discourses, especially the economic and political issues generate interests from people like me and those who live abroad as they update us of the state of the Nigeria’s politics. This punctuates the role of the media in contributing to social-political awareness and especially in the face of the new media. I am sure you know the binding principles of true journalism and the psychological effects on the people. As a journalist, be rest assured that I am not here to tell you how to run the trade, neither am here to brandish my digital thoughts as an internet warrior. No, that’s not my intention. My intention is to highlight the dangers of carefree attitude to reporting/writing or spreading of malicious piece whether online, electronic or print that could intoxicate some not-well informed, aggrieved, or maligned people who are ready to spit venoms at such opportunity.